Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Two thousand stinkin' eight.....

I object. Mightily. Once again, I am sick. I didn't feel great on Saturday and then I spent Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and most of today in bed. I skipped Easter dinner! The Resurrection Potatoes! I missed them! I was not there to make the "Sauce o' Gold" for the ham- instead I was in bed with a fever and a migraine. Grrrrr. I mock my husband one little time for having a man cold and the universe mocks me back. I have spent the better part of this year sick- significantly sick- and I am tired of it. I am calling a truce. I invoke the 'I've already filled my sick days quota for the year' rule and declare the rest of 2008 disease free. Any questions?

In other news, ummm, we're going to Bermuda? Soon? As in, we leave tomorrow? Huh? It's rather unfortunate how incongruous this is with the first paragraph of this post, but I really meant it when I called 2008 stinky. It has not been kind! But, lest you be too concerned for me, I am on the mend and fully intend to enjoy myself thoroughly. We are taking a red-eye flight to New York tomorrow night and get to spend all day Friday and Saturday morning playing in the city. Tyler has never been (a 30 minute cab ride from the airport to the pier in October does not count) and it's been several years since I've been, so it should be fun. We plan to spend the day at the Met and will try to get lottery tickets to Wicked that evening.
(Mary- will you send some of your New York luck our way? Thanks so much....) If we don't get those we'll find another show to see. I'm rather excited....

So, our plane leaves in 27 hours. It might be time to start thinking about packing. Ciao!

2 comments:

Flattail Family said...

So sorry to hear you've been sick again, but glad to hear you're feeling better now. Thanks again for the yummy desserts for Saturday's party. Have a fabulous trip!

Mary said...

Aw, you are already gone... hope your trip was magical (since you probably wont read this until your return).

Have so much fun... you deserve it... and I now declare that it is two-thosand-and-GREAT from here on out. No more sick. Yay!